Interns who join the Encompass team would work in existing community development ministries. These platforms impact and serve the community while providing the face to face interaction that lays the foundation for spiritual engagement.
Focus: Community Development and Business
Duration: 3, 6, 9, or 12 months.
The basic objectives of this internship are to expose you to cross-cultural ministry in Central Asia, to provide opportunities for personal, spiritual and professional growth, and to further the spread of the gospel through serving and transforming communities with the love of Christ.
The primary goals of this internship are for you to serve in community development and business project ministries and as part of a ministry team to collaborate to accomplish team goals.
- Attend and participate in the local church along with the team
- Assist in the ongoing process of building the team’s cashmere business; this could include doing market research, accounting help, marketing strategies, and process/logistics management
- Participate in training programs for local shepherds to help them improve their breeding practices—this will involve regular travel with team/staff out to mountainous areas to meet the shepherds
- Assist our community give-back programs’ efforts to work with families
- Visit a local church
- Participate in local university ministry team activities
- Tour the world’s largest natural walnut forest in a beautiful mountain area
- Travel on the original, ancient Silk Road
- Shop in one of Central Asia’s most famous outdoor bazaars
Strategies for Growth
- During the internship, you will receive mentoring and training to facilitate personal, professional and spiritual growth. This includes the following:
- Talk with your mentor prior to deploying
- Receive assistance for acclimation and orientation upon arrival in the country
- Receive training in strategies and skills for discipleship ministry
- Receive training for your specific ministry roles and responsibilities on the team
- Meet weekly with your mentor for discipleship, cross-cultural coaching, and review of educational progress and goals
- Evaluate your internship with your mentor and with Encompass staff during and upon your return.
- Housing: You will share an apartment with another expat.
- Transportation: You will utilize local public transportation. Travel out to the mountains will be in the team car with staff members.
- Finances: This is an estimated cost. The actual cost will be confirmed during the application process.
- 3-Month Internship: $6,700
- 6-Month Internship: $11,400
- 9-Month Internship: $2,400 per month (includes salary, field expenses, health coverage)
- 12-Month Internship: $3,000 per month (includes salary, field expenses, health coverage)