The world’s cultures can be explored in Atlanta, a city with a population that is younger and more ethnically diverse than the United States’ overall population. Buford Hwy, where Encompass’ headquarters is located, is known as the “international corridor.” Signs for businesses and restaurants display messages in Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, and other various languages. It’s like a tour of the world without passports or customs lines!
If you participate in Explore Atlanta, you will gain in-depth training on cultural adaptation and cross-cultural disciple-making through a team approach as you practice living in relationships and serving in a variety of ways. This could include anything from taking self-defence classes with refugees to teaching and playing with children in a nearby apartment complex. We seek to tailor specific ministry involvement to the skills, interests, and passions of each intern. You will receive personalized support and guidance by meeting with a ministry mentor throughout your journey.
Who Can Go?
We invite you to consider this opportunity if you have a desire to serve in cross-cultural ministry, a supportive sending church, and if you have had a positive short-term missions experience. Our internships are designed for those who are college age and up.
What You Will Do…
- Meet people from all over the world
- Find places to connect with others and share the love of Christ
- Build relationships alongside local churches and believers
- Love on those who are overlooked or marginalized
What Encompass Does…
Both prior to and during the internship, Encompass will provide mentoring and training to facilitate your personal, professional, and spiritual growth. This includes the following:
- Mentorship prior to deploying for initial orientation as well as assistance with travel preparations
- Support with acclimation and orientation upon your arrival
- Regular meetings between you and your mentor to discuss cultural adjustment, goals, and expectations
- Evaluations between you and your mentor together with Encompass staff during and upon your return
The cost of this internship will vary depending on its duration and other factors, which will be determined during your application process. Estimated expenses include but are not limited to airfare, travel insurance, housing, transportation, food, ministry funds, and cultural activities.
- 5-week internship: $3,350
- 3-month internship: $4,500