Violence and religious persecution that has come with the continuing war of 2014 in the Central African Republic has weakened the CAR government’s ability to provide even the most basic of services and protections. Churches in the CAR, however, are full, which means the opportunities for the Church to serve people in need are great. Here are two ways you can help make 2020 a better year for many of our Central African family:
- Literacy Charts – Among the government services that are increasingly anemic and ineffective is its ability to educate its people. Recognizing the importance of believers being able to read and understand the Bible for themselves, the CAR church just launched a three-year national literacy campaign.
- $30 provides a set of literacy charts, teacher’s manuals, and teaching supplies for a teacher to start a ready class in a local church
- At check out, specify “Literacy charts” under “Special Instructions”
- Orphans to private High School – Teens in the Central African Republic are desperate to complete their education. This year we would like to enroll 67 orphans into Christian High School in Bangui. $150 pays for one student for the whole year, plus two outfits and a pair of shoes.
- $150 (a gift of any amount will help)
- At check out, specify “Orphan High School” under “Special Instructions”