2018 Prayer Guide
In very practical ways, the people of Encompass World Partners serve as the feet, hands, and voice of Jesus among the least-reached of our world. Our 2018 Prayer Guide contains their photos and prayer requests. We invite you to keep it in a prominent place in your home and to set aside a moment each morning to intercede for us. Thanks for praying. It's one of the most important tasks on your agenda today!
CLICK HERE to order your FREE INDIVIDUAL COPY (limit 1 per person, please).
For churches or small groups that commit to using the guide as described below, Encompass World Partners will provide as many Prayer Guides as you need FREE of charge.
This offer is valid through September 30, 2018.
CLICK HERE to order your FREE BULK COPIES
Use this Prayer Guide in your ABF or Small Group Ministry
This booklet is a powerful tool to promote the Great Commission in your church and small groups. Here are just a few ways it can bless your ministry:
- It makes the Great Commission tangible and practical by encouraging everyone to become the feet, hands, and voice of Jesus in your community and beyond.
- It promotes a sense of partnership—that your church is not alone in its quest to make disciples of the nations—by featuring workers sent from across North America.
- It encourages everyone to be intentional about raising up the next generation of cross-cultural workers by challenging them to intercessory prayer.
How to use the 2018 Prayer Guide in Small Group and Adult Bible Fellowships
- You’ll need a copy for every individual or couple. To ensure a timely delivery of booklets, please order at least four weeks ahead of time.
- A wide array of promotional materials is available at EncompassWorldPartners.org/MissionDay
- We encourage you to begin your Global Missions Month on Easter Sunday, April 1, 2018. It will serve as a great “next steps” tool to make the message of Easter practical in the lives of your members.
SPECIAL NOTE: In some locations, an Easter Sunday launch may create logistical challenges. Yet if each leader assumes responsibility for his/her own group, you can successfully launch on Easter Sunday or during the workweek that follows.
STEP ONE: Distribute guides ahead of time and encourage members to pray daily for the workers and ministries featured. Brainstorm together how to incorporate their prayers in meaningful way into their daily routines.
STEP TWO: In preparation to lead a short discussion, group leaders should review the special “Reflection” pages and discussion questions ahead of time. (Pages 4, 14, 24, 34 in the 2018k Prayer Guide)
STEP THREE: Toward the beginning of your group meeting time, have someone read the feature article out loud. Then use the discussion questions to encourage the group to reflect more deeply and create specific action steps.
STEP FOUR: (optional) We encourage you to collect a special offering as a tangible way to conclude this global missions emphasis. We propose that 50% of the offering go toward a cross-cultural outreach ministry of your church, and 50% serve to help our efforts to recruit, train, deploy, and nurture the next generation of workers. Gifts to Encompass should be marked “MissionDay.”