Interns who join the Encompass team would work in existing community development ministries. These platforms impact and serve the community while providing the face to face interaction that lays the foundation for spiritual engagement.
Focus: Community Development and Special Needs
This internship is for 1, 3, 6, 9, or 12 months.
The basic objectives of this internship are to expose you to cross-cultural ministry in Central Asia, to provide opportunities for personal, spiritual and professional growth, and to further the spread of the gospel through serving and transforming communities with the love of Christ.
The primary goals of this internship are for you to serve families with children with disabilities and as part of a ministry team to collaborate to accomplish team goals.
- Attend and participate in the local church along with the team
- Train believers in Disabilities Ministry: Train national believers in the intern’s expertise of working with children with special needs (occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, etc.) to equip them to work with children with special needs in villages and share the gospel
- Children with disabilities: Help in the local rehab center for children with special needs, go out to villages and serve other local Christian and non-Christian efforts working with special needs
Cross Cultural Experiences:
- Visit a local church
- Visit a local rehab center for children with disabilities
- Travel to villages and do home visits of children with disabilities
- Travel in the mountains and stay in a yurt
- Work with and learn from Kyrgyz believers to serve people with disabilities
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Site, Solomon’s Mountain and 3000 year old bazaar
Strategies for Growth: During the internship you will receive mentoring and training to facilitate personal, professional and spiritual growth. This includes the following:
- Talk with your mentor prior to deploying
- Receive assistance for acclimation and orientation upon arrival in the country
- Receive training in strategies and skills for discipleship ministry
- Receive training for your specific ministry roles and responsibilities on the team
- Meet weekly with your mentor for discipleship, cross-cultural coaching and review of educational progress and goals
- Evaluate your internship with your mentor and with Encompass staff during and upon your return.
- Housing: Apartment in the city with local believers or Encompass staff
- Transportation: You will utilize local public transportation and ride sharing with Encompass staff when traveling outside of the city.
- Finances: This is an estimated cost. The actual cost will be confirmed during the application process.
1 Month Internship: $3,500
3 Month Internship: $6,700
6 Month Internship: $11,400
9 Month Internship: $2,400 per month (includes salary, field expenses, health coverage)
12 Month Internship: $3,000 per month (includes salary, field expenses, health coverage)