What You Will Do
During your year of highly relational ministry, you will join a team of like-minded people serving least reached people in four super diverse cities. Together, you'll sit with people from all over the world who God is calling to himself. These are people who never get visitors, who are ignored by others and are often deemed unworthy. Your team will eat with these people, play with their kids, and become family. The love of Christ will flow to those who have never felt it, and they will reach out to the Father because he is not far from them! By showing love to these people you will bring the hope of Christ to a world on the move.
Acts 17:26-27 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked ou their appointed times in history and the boundaries for their lands. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.
Be the Feet, Hands, and Voice of Jesus
Hope Teams cherish the opportunity to see unreached neighbors begin a relationship with Jesus Christ. As a team member, you'll:
- Go to them. Your presence can bring the hope within you, which is Christ.
- Serve them in His name. You’ll help meet physical, emotional, and spiritual needs in real ways.
- Share the hope of Jesus with them. He is able to transform them in this life and for all eternity.
What It Takes
Ideal servants for this compassion-based ministry would be resilient people who are passionate to share Christ’s love and his Word cross-culturally. Team candidates should:
- Love Jesus and his church
- Display spiritual, emotional and relational maturity
- Handle the details of life independently
- Demonstrate self-discipline and sacrifice for priorities
- Work without having constant oversight
- Manage change and diversity successfully, and persevere in the face of difficulty
- Have previous positive cross-cultural experience
No one is perfect in all these areas, but people who are already growing and demonstrating these characteristics will be best prepared for the challenges Hope Teams will face.
You Won’t Be Alone!
Your entire experience will take place in a team environment. Together you will:
- Participate in pre- and on-field training
- Experience cross-cultural development
- Be mentored by a seasoned cross-cultural worker
Are You Ready?
Please take a moment to pray that God would bring spiritual life to displaced migrants around the world, and that he would use this global movement of people to bring the lost to Himself!