What You Will Do
This is a highly relational ministry. During your two-year term, you will join a team of like-minded people serving immigrants and refugees in an international setting. Together, you will watch kids for tired mothers. You will visit people who never get visitors. You will listen to people that others ignore. You will teach those who others deem unworthy. You will eat with those who no one will share a meal. Because this is exactly what Christ did and you will be Christ to the least of these.
Matthew 25:40 The King will reply, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these people, you did for me.”
Be the Feet, Hands, and Voice of Jesus
Hope Teams cherish the opportunity to see neglected migrants begin a relationship with Jesus Christ. As a team member, you'll:
- Go to them. Your presence can bring the hope within you, which is Christ.
- Serve them in His name. You’ll help meet physical, emotional, and spiritual needs in real ways.
- Share the hope of Jesus with them. He is able to transform them in this life and for all eternity.
What It Takes
Ideal servants for this compassion-based ministry would be resilient people who are passionate to share Christ’s love and his Word cross-culturally, while simultaneously learning the challenging needs of migrant life. Team candidates should:
- Love Jesus and his church
- Display spiritual, emotional and relational maturity
- Handle the details of life independently
- Demonstrate self-discipline and sacrifice for priorities
- Work without having constant oversight
- Manage change and diversity successfully, and persevere in the face of difficulty
- Have previous positive cross-cultural experience
No one is perfect in all these areas, but people who are already growing and demonstrating these characteristics will be best prepared for the challenges Hope Teams will face. There are limited openings, so applicants will be considered for placement based on best fit with developing teams.
You Won’t Be Alone!
Your entire experience will take place in a team environment. Together you will:
- Learn a new language
- Participate in pre- and on-field training
- Experience cross-cultural development
- Be mentored by a seasoned cross-cultural worker
Hope Teams Exploratory Trips
Western Asia May 15-22
UK June 1-10
Go on a guided exploratory trip to one of the Hope Teams locations in the UK or Western Asia. We will be surveying what it looks like to live and do ministry at each location.The estimated cost for both locations is $2,600 which can be raised from donors and churches. Both trips will have experienced Global Workers leading them and guiding you through the experience.
Are You Ready?
Download PDF Flyer (2-up, 2-sided layout for printing on 8.5x11" sheet and trimming to half-sheets)
Please take a moment to pray that God would bring spiritual life to displaced migrants around the world, and that he would use this global movement of people to bring the lost to Himself!