2020 Prayer Guide
Prayer is the foundation upon which our global movement is built. Our annual prayer guide will help orient you to the many countries where we work and the people who serve there.
As you pray, consider how God is on the move in these places and through these people…bringing hope and life to the nations! We trust it will inspire you and draw you into a deeper understanding of how God is calling you to participate in the Great Commission. This journey—of praying, giving, sending, and going—changes us in ways we could never expect. Join us as we support our sisters and brothers, sharing the love of Jesus among the least-reached!
Encompass is happy to provide churches and small groups who commit to using the Prayer Guide as described below with as many Guides as they need…FREE of charge!
2020 Guides will begin shipping in December 2019. Offer is valid through September 30, 2020. Allow at least four weeks for delivery.
Encompass reserves the right to decline international orders on a case-by-case basis due to added shipping expenses.
The Encompass Prayer Guide is a powerful tool for promoting the Great Commission in your church and small groups!
- It makes the Great Commission tangible and practical by encouraging everyone to go further together in sharing the love of Jesus in their community and beyond.
- It promotes a sense of partnership by showing how your church is part of the global Charis Alliance movement.
- It encourages everyone to be intentional about raising up the next generation of cross-cultural workers by challenging them to intercessory prayer.
How to use the Encompass Prayer Guide in small groups
Host a MissionDay event at your church, and lead up to it by utilizing Encompass Prayer Guides in your small group environments. Start by getting Guides for every individual or couple (order at least four weeks ahead of time). More information, including promotional materials, is available at EncompassWorldPartners.org/MissionDay.
- Distribute Guides ahead of time and encourage members to pray daily for the locations, workers, and ministries featured.
- Lead brief discussions utilizing the four Small Group Study Guide pages in the Prayer Guide.
- Collect a special offering as a tangible way to conclude your global missions emphasis (optional). We propose that 50% go toward a cross-cultural ministry of your church, and 50% toward helping Encompass’s efforts to recruit, train, deploy, and nurture the next generation of global workers.