International Day of Solidarity for the CAR — January 20.
Join us by setting aside Monday, Jan. 20, as a day of prayer. During this International Day of Solidarity with those in the CAR, we will focus on praying for peace in that country. We will also be asking God to provide the means to help us deliver one million pounds (500,000 kilos) of food aid to those in the greatest need.
A detailed list of requests for those able to
dedicate a day to prayer.
Download a Tip Sheet on How to Pray:
Sign up for a specific time-slot to pray.
The Emergency Situation Demands a World-wide Response.
You have been hearing about the growing humanitarian crisis in the Central African Republic and wonder how you can help people in such deep need:
- There are over 1 million people who are displaced.
- 60% of the population of Bangui is sleeping in refugee camps.
- Food is in short supply. It is estimated that 65% of the population is experiencing severe food shortages.
- Over 1000 people were killed last month in Bangui alone.
Read the latest reports coming from the CAR:
- BBC news update (Jan. 9): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25657816
- Ann Curry interview with a child from the CAR (Jan. 8): http://nbcnews.to/1cBQ7OT
News item: Barb Wooler named Director of... [read more]
Africa Food Relief Project: www.EncompassWorldPartners.org/CAR