News & Prayer Items
Search News Items
Serve The City (Lisbon) receives Grant
Wednesday, 20 February 2013 16:51
• Please pray for the believers who volunteer and share the gospel in word and deed with Lisbon's most needy people.
• Pray that people will come to Christ through this ministry
• PRAY also for S., a 35 year-old homeless man who while drunk fell into the street and his head was severely crushed by a garbage truck. He is stable, but still in critical condition. Please pray that he will have the opportunity to hear the gospel from the Lisbon team.Continue...
Bright Light, Chamrarn
Friday, 15 February 2013 17:56
When he finished his teacher training 6 months ago, he prayed that God would make it possible for him to teach in his own village (the school board could have sent him anywhere). God granted his request, allowing him to do outreach among his family and friends.
Recently he asked the Battambang ministry team, along with Kanes and Goods to come and help him present Christ to his students. His home village, Kas Kralor, is a 1.5 hour motorbike trek from Battambang. Chamrarn's father, while not yet a believer, is not hostile to the gospel and opened the door (even inviting us to come) for this event.
Chamrarn, who, has been sharing Jesus with his teenage students every day since he began teaching in October. They were ready to go deeper than he felt he could take them. That was the reason for inviting a delegation from Battambang.
Evangelist Chhay, one of the CMPs pictured upper right, shared the gospel in a nutshell and then began answering questions about the Christian faith. The students had lots of good questions and were attentive to hear the answers. When the questions slowed down, Chhay asked how many of the students had already prayed to receive Christ. There were no hands raised. When asked who wanted to receive Christ, about half of the group indicated that this was their desire.
It's too early to determine who truly accepted to follow Christ that afternoon - this will require good follow-up. In the mean time, please continue praying for Chamrarn who is only two years old in the Lord and has already begun planting his first church.
- Pray for the youth who made the decision to follow Christ, that they would continue to grow in their faith.
- Pray for Chhay, that he would continue to yield himself to the will of the Spirit of God.
- Please keep praying for Chhay, the leader of CMPs as he assumes more and more leadership
- Please pray for advancement in the development of the cooking stove. After discouraging setbacks a new designed model has been built and Kent Good has been testing it with hopes of moving forward. In March, Kent and Kevin will be going to Phnom Penh for a week, were the U.N. is hosting a forum on clean cooking stoves. Pray for good contacts and advice about the stove
Encompass at Lancaster Bible College
Thursday, 14 February 2013 13:44
Kerry and Skip Jeffries are representing Encompass World Partners this week at Lancaster Bible College's mission conference. Lancaster Bible College is in Lancaster, PA. They have been participating in sessions that challenge the students to embrace the great commission. They are also trying to help students see their potential in God's plan to reach the nations and offer Encompass World Partners to help them in any way possible. Continue...
Encompass at Liberty University
Wednesday, 13 February 2013 20:59
It's Global Focus Week at Liberty University and John Ward and Christa Brown are on campus!
Encompass is happy to have a presence on campus during this time where students are encouraged to develop a heart for the nations, focus on the world around them, and consider how they can use their training to have a global impact for Christ's Kingdom. Continue...
Encompass Grandparent News
Tuesday, 12 February 2013 22:08
• Colin Elliott Palmer was born to Jen Griffith Palmer and Corey Palmer on Jan 29, 3013. Jen is the daughter of Encompass missionaries Dave & Susan Griffith.
• Blaine Edmond Apeland was born to Amanda Justiniano Apeland and Nathan Apeland on Feb 2, 2013. Amanda is the daughter of Encompass missionaries Ralph and Joan Justiniano.
Apologies to the rest of you Encompass grandparents. Send us the info and we will publish.Continue...
News from Chile
Tuesday, 12 February 2013 16:55
Father of Ruth Ann Martin dies at age 95
Monday, 11 February 2013 16:14
Ruth Ann's father, Charles Elbert Diet passed away on February 7th 2013 at the age of 95. He was a lifelong resident of Leroy Township MI where the Dietz homestead farm was located. He purchased the homestead in 1942 and farmed there for 71 productive years. Continue...
Saturday, 09 February 2013 01:42
Linda Mensinger shares news from Cameroon where they have been teaching classes in our churches for the past several weeks.
"After two weeks we left Garoua, boarded a bus and took the 5 hour trip to Ngaoundere. Again we were met by a group from our main church who had a taxi waiting to take us and all of our luggage to Daniel's place.
Great News from CAR
Thursday, 07 February 2013 18:48
Ginger Hock just announced that after speaking with Nadjilao and Hibaile, she and Frank Puhl (Africa Regional Director) decided it was safe for Heidi Sisson to return to Bangui. She will check on tickets tomorrow and head back either Monday or Tuesday, depending upon which airline she chooses. Janet Varner will work on getting tickets to return on the 19th and Jensens will also check for a return date with Ethiopian Airlines in the next week or so. Continue...