News & Prayer Items
Search News Items
Work team in Chad
Monday, 25 February 2013 15:52
Please continue to pray also for Matthias Ezel's visit to Chad. He and Benjamin expect to make the long trip to Roro this week where discussions will continue about how to advance the metal shop ministry in that vast region. They are also hoping to do some well-drilling.
Matthias states that he is really happy to be back in Chad. But having been away a few months, the thing that presses on his heart is the immensity of the battle to simply minister in Chad. Hearing the news of coworkers, Chadian and western alike, struck down by sickness and even death makes the fight against discouragement a daily struggle. Thank God for reminders that we are not alone and we are not fighting a losing battle.
- Please Pray for wisdom in discussions and dealing with the many unanswered questions such as the future of both metal shops.
- Pray for safe travels.
- Praise that the metal shop in Moundou is continuing well with lots of work to do. Pray for wisdom and strength for Jeremie as he manages it all.
- Pray for strength and wisdom for Benjamin as he oversees the metal shop work in Roro.
- Pray for strength, protection and encouragment for each one ministering in Chad.
Part of this update taken from a recent letter by Melina EzelContinue...
Solon Hoyt dies at age 91
Monday, 25 February 2013 15:43
Solon Waverly Hoyt of Grace Village Retirement Community, Winona Lake, Ind., died at 10:15 a.m. on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at Grace Village Health Care of Winona Lake at the age of 91.
He was a resident of Kosciusko County, Indiana for the past 30 years, where he was a member of Lakeland Grace Brethren Church of Warsaw, Indiana.
He attended Bryan University in Dayton, Tenn., for three years; studied for a year in Huntington University in Huntington, Ind.; and then attended Grace Seminary in Winona Lake for three years. Solon was a missionary in Argentina for 43 years.
On August 22, 1942 he was married to Kathryn Ruth Hirschy, who survives in Winona Lake, Ind. He also leaves behind his daughter: Rita (husband Michael) Koch (Upland, Indiana); four sons: Lynn (wife Mary) Hoyt (South Carolina); Aldo (wife Alice) Hoyt (Denver, Co.); Ivan (wife Kimberly) Hoyt (Argentina); Alan (wife Sharon) Hoyt (Warsaw, Ind.); fifteen grandchildren; and seventeen great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents, four sisters, and six brothers.
His funeral service was held on Monday, February 25, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. at Lakeland Grace Brethren Church, 2538 South County Farm Road, Warsaw, Indiana and officiated by Dr. Russ Simpson. Burial followed at Oakwood Cemetery of Warsaw.
Memorial donations in Solon's name may be directed to Lakeland Grace Brethren Church, 2538 South County Farm Road, Warsaw, Indiana 46580 and would be appreciated by his family.Continue...
Serve The City (Lisbon) receives Grant
Wednesday, 20 February 2013 16:51
• Please pray for the believers who volunteer and share the gospel in word and deed with Lisbon's most needy people.
• Pray that people will come to Christ through this ministry
• PRAY also for S., a 35 year-old homeless man who while drunk fell into the street and his head was severely crushed by a garbage truck. He is stable, but still in critical condition. Please pray that he will have the opportunity to hear the gospel from the Lisbon team.Continue...
Bright Light, Chamrarn
Friday, 15 February 2013 17:56
When he finished his teacher training 6 months ago, he prayed that God would make it possible for him to teach in his own village (the school board could have sent him anywhere). God granted his request, allowing him to do outreach among his family and friends.
Recently he asked the Battambang ministry team, along with Kanes and Goods to come and help him present Christ to his students. His home village, Kas Kralor, is a 1.5 hour motorbike trek from Battambang. Chamrarn's father, while not yet a believer, is not hostile to the gospel and opened the door (even inviting us to come) for this event.
Chamrarn, who, has been sharing Jesus with his teenage students every day since he began teaching in October. They were ready to go deeper than he felt he could take them. That was the reason for inviting a delegation from Battambang.
Evangelist Chhay, one of the CMPs pictured upper right, shared the gospel in a nutshell and then began answering questions about the Christian faith. The students had lots of good questions and were attentive to hear the answers. When the questions slowed down, Chhay asked how many of the students had already prayed to receive Christ. There were no hands raised. When asked who wanted to receive Christ, about half of the group indicated that this was their desire.
It's too early to determine who truly accepted to follow Christ that afternoon - this will require good follow-up. In the mean time, please continue praying for Chamrarn who is only two years old in the Lord and has already begun planting his first church.
- Pray for the youth who made the decision to follow Christ, that they would continue to grow in their faith.
- Pray for Chhay, that he would continue to yield himself to the will of the Spirit of God.
- Please keep praying for Chhay, the leader of CMPs as he assumes more and more leadership
- Please pray for advancement in the development of the cooking stove. After discouraging setbacks a new designed model has been built and Kent Good has been testing it with hopes of moving forward. In March, Kent and Kevin will be going to Phnom Penh for a week, were the U.N. is hosting a forum on clean cooking stoves. Pray for good contacts and advice about the stove
Encompass at Lancaster Bible College
Thursday, 14 February 2013 13:44
Kerry and Skip Jeffries are representing Encompass World Partners this week at Lancaster Bible College's mission conference. Lancaster Bible College is in Lancaster, PA. They have been participating in sessions that challenge the students to embrace the great commission. They are also trying to help students see their potential in God's plan to reach the nations and offer Encompass World Partners to help them in any way possible. Continue...
Encompass at Liberty University
Wednesday, 13 February 2013 20:59
It's Global Focus Week at Liberty University and John Ward and Christa Brown are on campus!
Encompass is happy to have a presence on campus during this time where students are encouraged to develop a heart for the nations, focus on the world around them, and consider how they can use their training to have a global impact for Christ's Kingdom. Continue...
Encompass Grandparent News
Tuesday, 12 February 2013 22:08
• Colin Elliott Palmer was born to Jen Griffith Palmer and Corey Palmer on Jan 29, 3013. Jen is the daughter of Encompass missionaries Dave & Susan Griffith.
• Blaine Edmond Apeland was born to Amanda Justiniano Apeland and Nathan Apeland on Feb 2, 2013. Amanda is the daughter of Encompass missionaries Ralph and Joan Justiniano.
Apologies to the rest of you Encompass grandparents. Send us the info and we will publish.Continue...
News from Chile
Tuesday, 12 February 2013 16:55
Father of Ruth Ann Martin dies at age 95
Monday, 11 February 2013 16:14
Ruth Ann's father, Charles Elbert Diet passed away on February 7th 2013 at the age of 95. He was a lifelong resident of Leroy Township MI where the Dietz homestead farm was located. He purchased the homestead in 1942 and farmed there for 71 productive years. Continue...