The Patton's (Encompass staff Brazil) are opening the way for a Brazilian adventure. They have purchased property on the island of Cotijuba and are beginning construction of their new home. Their plan is to have local labor construct the foundation and the shell of the home.
Afterwards, they are hoping that three U.S. teams of 6-8 persons, working a week each from November 17-December 8, would come down to finish out the inside of the house.
The best travel window cost-wise would be from November 17-December 8. Of course if some team members could go for two or even three weeks, that would make the best use of travel dollars.
- Depending on the dates chosen, flights could cost from $1200-1600. Also there is the cost of a passport and visa, passports now costing around $160.00 and a Brazilian Visa $ 200.
- Food in transit $100.00
- Local food, transport, water, visit places $250 / per person per week.
- Putting up a wood ceiling and wood interior walls, all tongue and grove slats.
- Tile work for the entire house
- Some Electrical Work
- Install bathroom fixtures, kitchen cabinets, kitchen sink
- Floor & Ceiling trim
- Light fixtures
- Closet w/ shelving
- Install wood railing
- Paint interior and exterior