- BAHAMAS: Significant damage to church buildings. Waiting to hear more.
- CUBA: According to Martin Guerena, church buildings sustained significant damage in one area where church planting is going on. More news to come.
- FLORIDA: Waiting to hear damage reports from several east coast church. Chairman of the Florida District Pastor Rich Schnieders writes, "I and all of us in Florida stand ready to help our brothers and sisters..." More news to come.
- HAITI: The greatest loss of life as a result of Matthew is Haiti, with the death toll approaching 900 and expected to rise.
- +Daniel O'Deens of Breathe leaves Sunday (Oct. 9) for their ministry. Check their Facebook page at Breathe Haiti.
- +Chuck Davis is coordinating things with his men on the ground. Check the Caribbean Vision Ministries Facebook page for updates and info on how to give.
- + Three Strands (medical) works closely with Caribbean Vision Ministries and Encompass will be joining with Three Strands to stop the advance of cholera through clean water kits. Keep up on their news on the Three Strands Facebook page.
So, we are still in a waiting pattern, but if you have a heart to help, the only thing to be done at the moment is to give in advance of the need. Each of these agencies is collecting funds as is also Encompass World Partners (link below).
As Hurricane Matthew continues its destructive path, Encompass’ Crisis Response Network is gearing up to help provide emergency relief.
Working with partners and local churches in the Bahamas, Haiti, Cuba and Florida, we will serve needs as only the Church can, meeting physical (shelter and food), emotional (trauma) and spiritual needs of people left in the wake of Matthew’s devastation.
We invite you to give now to Encompass' Storm Relief Fund