Pray that each person in the two English churches will do all he or she can to serve Jesus inside and outside the church.
Seeing a movement of church planting has several stages. Early on, much time and effort is focused on evangelism and basic discipleship; later on, the need to train and equip future generations of nationals becomes primary. Grace Church Shirley is now led by nationals who need mentoring and vision-casting for the next generation. Frankley Grace Community Church is at the stage of determining organizational structures to be ready for future growth.
- Pray for the spiritual protection and training of nationals who are part of the Leadership Team in each of the two churches.
- Pray for wisdom in the organization and structuring of the Frankley Grace Community Church.
- Pray that Encompass staff members will know how to adjust their roles to work alongside nationals in multi-national teamwork.
- For many in England, the church is something from the past with little or no relevance for today.
- Quickly growing secular pluralism and a culture of "political correctness" make the proclamation of the gospel increasingly difficult.
- Vestiges of the historic class system can be an obstacle to each believer using his/her gifts for the common good in the local church.
- The missionaries in England are faithfully serving God, but are in need of resources!
- Check out Tom and MaryAnn Barlow's blog.
- Interested in going? Learn more at www.encompassworld.org/go